ddd

Error message when loading program

From: Erik Leunissen
Subject: Error message when loading program
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:07:22 +0200

L.S.

I'm new to ddd and I just have dd installed one day.

I use ddd to debug Tcl applications (that is written in C, using the Tcl C library). To that and I need to choose

        /usr/bin/wish

as the program to debug.

When doing so from the File menu, a dialog with title "DDD No Source" shows up saying:

   /home/sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S: No such file or directory

I have no idea where this comes from. The statement is right though, there is no such file on my system (nor should it since there is no user named "sysdeps" on my system.)

The described error message is specific to wish, since other binary executables can be loaded without this message appearing. I inspected the wish binary, which happens to contain a string "/home/sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S".

When launching wish (which I've been doing a lot) everything works great, and no such messages ever appeared.

Does anybody know what is wrong, and perhaps how it can be fixed?

Thanks in advance,

Erik Leunissen