ddd

DDD 3.3.9 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) gets `BadWindow' error

From: Christian Mayer
Subject: DDD 3.3.9 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) gets `BadWindow' error
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 23:48:42 +0200 (MEST)

Hi folks,

yesterday, I have started to use ddd+gdb as my debugger for a C+fortran
program. Today, when I tried to plot a variable or an 1D array with the
plot button on the main menue, ddd crashed and the following output was
readable on the console:
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  10 (X_UnmapWindow)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  105637
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  10 (X_UnmapWindow)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  105639

X error (invalid Window parameter).

Oops!  You have found a bug in DDD.

If you can reproduce this bug, please send a bug report
to <address@hidden>, giving a subject like

    DDD 3.3.9 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) gets `BadWindow' error

To enable us to fix the bug, you should include the following information:
* What you were doing to get this message.  Report all the facts.
* The contents of the `~/.ddd/log' file as generated by this session.
Please read also the section "Reporting Bugs" in the DDD manual.

We thank you for your support.

I did not do anything special. I only wrote a variable or an array into
the argument field and pressed the plot button on the right side. A small
window popped up with the message that gnuplot is loaded, but nothing
happend and therefore, I pressed the cancel button and than ddd crashed.

I attach the log file (~/.ddd/log) to this email.

Thanks a lot for your help and for your effort to write such a nice
graphical interface to gdb.
Christian

10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail