ddd

Re: GNU DDD Version 3.3.11

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: GNU DDD Version 3.3.11
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:16:30 +0200

Edward Lesniak wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have built DDD 3.3.11 and gdb 6.3 with gcc 3.2.3 on a Sun Solaris
>   9 platform.  Whenever I try to execute one of the DDD GUI options I
>   am getting a message "waiting until GDB gets ready...".  GDB never
>   gets ready and the platform is at 100% CPU utilization.  The GDB
>   debugger appears to successfully execute in standalone mode.  Is
>   there something I should investigate in the way I built DDD or the
>   way DDD is configured.
>
>   Also, I am not able to bring up source code using the Open Source
>   option under File.  No source code files are displayed for selection
>   and the filter option does not seem to do anything.  Perhaps, this
>   is a configuration issue.
>
>   Any help on these issues would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Hi Edward,

I've just got my SPARC/Solaris-9 machine going again this week, after
months of hardware problems.  I built ddd-3.3.11 with gcc-3.4.3, and used
it with gdb-6.3 with no problems at all; certainly "make check" behaved fine.

Can you try with a more recent gcc, preferable 3.4.4?

I'm presently building gcc-4.0.2, and when it's done, I'll try rebuilding
and re-testing ddd.  gcc-4.0.1 did expose some bugs in ddd under alpha-linux,
which I'm still digging into, so stay with gcc-3.4.4 if you can for the
moment.

Andrew.