ddd

Changes to the DDD list

From: ddd
Subject: Changes to the DDD list
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:10:02 +0200

Hello all,

We all know that the ddd mailing list is a magnet for spam.
For every 10 messages to the list, approximately 9 are spam.

I attribute this to the open list policy, where anyone can
mail the list.

Since I took over from Andreas as the maintainer of DDD,
I've been trying to get admin access to the mailing list
server web interface, in order to make the list a subscriber-
only list.  In other words, only those subscribed to the list
can post messages to it.

I'm pleased to say that I've finally got help from the
system admins at gnu.org, who have granted me access.

So from now on, the DDD list will be a closed list.
Anyone who wishes to discuss DDD is welcome to subscribe.
Anyone who is a subscriber can post with no restrictions.

I regret that this can't be an open list any more, but
this is the spam-strewn world in which we live.

Regards,
Andrew Gaylard.