ddd

Cannot build from cvs on the new machine...

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Cannot build from cvs on the new machine...
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 23:14:22 -0500

Atwood, Robert C writes:
 > Just thougth I  would try an update, but encoutner the following
 > problem. It seems that a test in the configuration (and possibly other
 > tests) yeilds the opposite value to that seen when actually compiling. I
 > am not sure how to figure out what's going on with macros during
 > configure,

Um, that's a big reason I wrote a debugger for BASH ;-). packman has an
RPM for SuSe-9.1:

http://packman.links2linux.org/?action=341

If you have that installed I suppose you could use ddd and its bash
debugging to see why the configure thinks there is no setrlimit
declaration in sys/resource.h.

 > the same process succeeds on the 'old' machine so I'm
 > guessing it's something to do with 64 bits

Or more getting the right headers found.