ddd

can ddd attach to an existing gdb session ?

From: murthy andukuri
Subject: can ddd attach to an existing gdb session ?
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 21:30:10 -0800 (PST)

I have an 'expect' script that kicks off, using
'screen', a gdb session of a program. ( i have tried
using 'ddd' instead of a combination of 'screen' and
'gdb' but could not get it to work). Now, is there a
way I can make ddd attach to this session of gdb ?
I am running linux kernel 2.6.12.1 (with skas). and
gdb 6.2.1 . I have ddd version 3.3.9.

Independent of the 'expect' and 'screen' approach, I
can happily use ddd. But, I need to debug modules and
the expect/screen combination is the easiest I found.

Thanks a lot

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com