ddd

Re: Yet another ddd candidate release

From: David Relson
Subject: Re: Yet another ddd candidate release
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:17:22 -0500

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:01:30 -0500
R. Bernstein wrote:

> I'd like to put out another release of ddd and pydb
> which fixes some small problems folks have had in building ddd.
>
> But I'd also like to gauge whether this combination is in fact an
> improvement over the last one or the pydb that folks might be currenly
> using with ddd. I've put out candidate releases at:
>
> http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/ddd-3.3.12-test4cvs.tar.gz and
> http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/pydb-0.13cvs.tar.gz
>
> I'd appreciate it if folks would try that out (particularly the python
> part in ddd) and let me know problems encountered.
>
> Thanks.

There seems to be a file missing from pydb-0.13cvs.tar.gz:

address@hidden ddd]$ tar zxf pydb-0.13cvs.tar.gz

address@hidden ddd]$ cd pydb-0.13cvs ; ./configure
checking for emacs... emacs
checking where .elc files should go... ${datadir}/emacs/site-lisp
checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.3.5... python
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for python version... 2.4
checking for python platform... linux2
checking for python script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python2.4/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.4/site-packages
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether ln -s works... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating emacs/Makefile
config.status: creating test/Makefile
config.status: creating Doc/Makefile
config.status: creating Doc/pydb.1
config.status: error: cannot find input file: Doc/pydb.1.in