ddd

viewing a struct in ddd

From: Charles Krinke
Subject: viewing a struct in ddd
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 12:44:53 -0800

I have a kernel driver and can break on its entry point and step in ddd just
fine. This is a remote target, so I do a 'target remote /dev/ttySo' before
connecting. I am using DDD 3.3.11 in Fedora Core 6.

I seem to be having an issue viewing structures in the driver with ddd. If I
double-click on the structure definition, or an assignment to a member, I can
get the structure to the data window. But when I try to expand the structure,
it says "disabled".

If I go to the gdb window, I can do

(gdb) p structName     or
(gdb) p *structName    or
(gdb) printf "%X", structName->memberX

What could be happening that precludes displaying these structures in the ddd
data window.

Charles