ddd

Re: Help fix DDD bug: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)

From: Peter Wainwright
Subject: Re: Help fix DDD bug: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 18:44:53 +0000

On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 07:30 +0800, 王國華 wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>        When I used ddd and changed all fonts from 120 pt 180, then I
> run the ddd and got the
> following message.   It seems that X Error of failed request:
> BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation).
> How can I fix this type of error? Thanks.

Well, the error seems to be occurring in the X library itself, which we
can't do much about, I'm afraid.  You might try to find a more recent
version of DDD (3.3.11 was the last release) or of the Motif (Lesstif)
library.

I've never used DDD under cygwin, and I don't know what fonts are
available there.  What fonts are you actually using?  For example, grep
Fonts ~/.ddd/init gives for me:

! Fonts.
Ddd*defaultFont: helvetica-bold
Ddd*variableWidthFont: helvetica-bold
Ddd*fixedWidthFont: lucidatypewriter-bold
Ddd*dataFont: lucidatypewriter-bold
Ddd*FontSize: 180

Peter