ddd

Re: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

From: Fabian Scheler
Subject: Re: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:01:10 +0100

Hello Joachim,

first of all - do you think you will get more or faster help if you
ask the same question over and over again. I guess most readers get
annoyed of your "spam" and will not pay any attention at all ...

> I have instalt openSuse 11.2 (x86_64). As a processor, I have an x86_64.
> Unfortunately, a problem with DDD and gdb debugger has occurred. The
> following error messages were issued:
>
> GNU DDD 3.3.12 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu), by Dorothea.
>
> Missing separate debuginfo for /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
>
> Missing separate debuginfo for /usr/lib64/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
>
> And so on.
> I have testet with a GTK2 Programm.
>
> I compiled with the following command line:
> gcc -g -o Button1 Button1.c `pkg-config -cflags -libs gtk+-2.0`

These warnings just tell you that you have no debug symbols available
for some of the libs you linked into your app. As long as you don't
want to debug the libs, too, you don't need them. If you want to debug
the libs get the debug-package from the corresponding repository e.g.

http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/11.2/repo/oss

Regards, Fabian