ddd

Re: first time user, getting a seg fault on initial startup

From: Michael Eager
Subject: Re: first time user, getting a seg fault on initial startup
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 18:02:38 -0800

Mike D'Ambrogia wrote:
  All

First time user, installed lesstif 0.95.2, ddd 3.3.9, and gdb 7.2 into my centos 5.2 system per the install instructions. I'm getting a segmentation fault when launching ddd with and without passing a filename. I've searched the mailing list archives, I see others with this issue but no clear resolution has appeared. gdb seems to runs fine when launched, sits at a (gdb) prompt prior to my exiting the program.

when I run ddd <filename> in the console I see a splashscreen pop up quickly and then go away and my terminal session shows:

Warning: This DDD requires a Motif 2.1 library (using Motif 2.3)
Continue at own risk.
Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback
(Annoyed?  Try 'Edit->Preferences->General->Suppress X Warnings'!)
Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback
Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback
<repeat ~450 more times>

XtAddCallback is in libXt.so.  Check that this is installed.
I'm running CentOS 5.5, ddd-3.3.12, and libXt-1.0.2.

--
Michael Eager    address@hidden
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077