Re: [DejaGnu] library and ldflags order in target.exp reversed?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] library and ldflags order in target.exp reversed?
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 20:43:34 -0600

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 12:52:39AM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> On a different subject, have you tried building unit.cc with the gcc
> 3.0 prerelease?  I find a lot of code errors and warnings under both hpux
> and linux.  On linux, it build ok with the egcs-1.1.2 release.

  I have tons of problems with the GCC 3.0 prerelease for most C++ code on
HPUX11. I just ported a huge multi million line C++ application to HPUX11, and
2.95.2 or 2.95.3 are all that actually work... And these both have really
nasty bugs in both template handling, and exceptions. The GNUPro release
HP puts out as the Linux Porting Kit works about the same. I'm using gcc 2.95.3
on Linux, and it builds fine, but I guess I should build 3.0 for Linux, and
see how things go...

  I'd check now on my HUX11 machine, but my J5600 just crashed 2 hours ago,
and it's deader than a rock right now... :-( So I'll have to call HP support
to come fix it.

        - rob -