Re: [DejaGnu] using dejagnu testsuites

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] using dejagnu testsuites
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:27:14 -0600

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 09:30:49AM +0530, Arati D wrote:

> I went through the manual but I am afraid I am going to need some further
> instructions.

  Sorry about that, the manual is probably a bit more reference like, than
a tutorial.

> 1. What is the location of the global config file 'site.exp' ?
> your manual says it is present "in each configuration-specific subdirectory
> of the DejaGnu library directory"  Is that the source or build directory ?

  There are two site.exp files. Both are optional, but by using one, you
get away from needing to specify lots of command line arguments. One goes in
the local directory, and is usually produced by the Makefile. (look in
dejagnu/examples/calc/) This lets you run "runtest" with no options.

  For cross testing, there is a global site.exp file, pointed to by the DEJAGNU
environment variable. This file has company wide settings for things like
what serial port a target board is plugged into, what the baud rate is, etc...
This is required for cross testing.

> 2. I do not have any site.exp which matches  the one you have described in
> your manual as global config file.
> does that mean my 'configure' was not successful ?

  No. This file has to be produced by the end user.

> 3. Is the following error also because of global config file ?
>    WARNING: Couldn't find the tool init file

  There is a file that usually goes in your testsuite/config that is used
to connect runtest to your target board.

        - rob -