Re: [DejaGnu] GUI Testing with DejaGnu

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] GUI Testing with DejaGnu
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 08:51:57 -0600

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 10:09:28AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> I have recently joined a company using Java to develop POS applications.  As a
> startup, they have no budget for test tools, so I started investigating and
> found my way to Android via Bryan Oakley on comp.lang.tcl.  The Cameron Laird
> page on Android brought me to the April, 2001 email exchange where Rob seemed
> propose using Tk and Boa proposed a solution using Android.
>
> Has there been any further progress in this area for a platform-independeent
> GUI
> test tool?  Is there any other tool to investigate at this time?

  I don't know of any good free GUI testing tools. While DejaGnu has been
used for this in the past, it's always been a bit of a stretch...

  I have plans to add real GUI testing support to DejaGnu one of the these
days... but that has been stalled till I can find the time for a huge
project between income generating projects.

        - rob -