[DejaGnu] Remote Host Testing

From: Niklaus Giger
Subject: [DejaGnu] Remote Host Testing
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:56:24 +0200

Hello,

Section 3.6 "Remote Host Testing"  mentions test files MkTestDir, site.exp,
useless92.exp which I cannot find in the DejaGnu distribution. Could anybody
provide me with these files by E-Mail?

Also I think the "Remote Host Testing" is a little bit confusing as it seems to
be very specific to Cygnus and their specific needs. But I think it would be
far better for other users to use the "calc" test as a starting point. (I will
volunteer to rewrite this section, but I cannot yet use DejaGnu for remote
testing.)

I would also think it would help to rewrite Chapter 2 "Running Test" as "A 10
minute introduction to DejaGnu". In my opinion it should be a walkthrough based
on the "calc" testsuite and show how to use DejaGnu on the same host and for
cross-development.

Any comments about it?

Regards

Niklaus Giger