Re: [DejaGnu] Does Current Version of Dejagnu Support Internationalizat

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] Does Current Version of Dejagnu Support Internationalization ?
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 17:25:39 -0600

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:23:00PM -0700, Lixing Yao wrote:

> Could I ask for a question ? does current version of Dejagnu support
> internationalization ?

  Yes and no... While Tcl, which is what DejaGnu is written in, has
internationalization support, the various messages within DejaGnu are
currently only in English. It should be entirely possible to write a
test suite in an language, but the messages coming from DejaGnu itself
would be in English. Sorry. The internationalization of Tcl happened many
years after DejaGnu was originally created. I should see how hard it this
would be to fix.

        - rob -