Re: [DejaGnu] testing step

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] testing step
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:48:34 -0700

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:16:19PM -0600, Richard Weitz wrote:
> I'm installing gcc.  The install notes for gcc suggest that the
> test programs might be something to run before doing the install step.
> The dejagnu package is required in order to do this.

  Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I've been on the road at a
customer site.

> I was curious to see what configure would do if I did not specify
> a MYHOSTTYPE.  I deleted everything and re-ran configure as follows:
>  /srcdir/configure --srcdir /srcdir

  You shouldn't need either --srcdir, or a host type. Configure usually
figures that out for you.

>  -I/srcdir/testsuite/libdejagnu      -I/srcdir -g -c
>  /srcdir/testsuite/libdejagnu/unit.cc
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec cpp: No such file or directory

  This means it can't find a working compiler.

> CC -n32 -DPACKAGE=\"dejagnu\" -DVERSION=\"1.4.2\"  -I.
>  -I/srcdir/testsuite/libdejagnu      -I/srcdir -g -c
>  /srcdir/testsuite/libdejagnu/unit.cc
> Command-line error(1574): invalid macro definition:
>
> Error(1005): could not open source file ".deps/unit.pp"

> I looked at the src for unit.cc.
> Did the following source files get left out of the distribution ?
> iostream, string, fstream, set

  These are C++ header files. I wouldn't be that worried about unit.cc, it's
only a test case for DejaGnu itself. To me it looks like your compiler didn't
build right, or isn't installed correctly.

        - rob -