Re: [DejaGnu] tcl autoloader broken by runtest?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] tcl autoloader broken by runtest?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:05:47 -0700

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 07:05:57PM -0800, Charles Bergan wrote:

> I've got a 7.1 linux box with tcl/tk8.3.4, Expect5.3.4, Dejagnu 1.4.2

  I just upgraded to the same configuration a few days ago, so I can try to
reproduce and fix this problem. (after I make a work deadline this week...)

> It seems that runtest.exp (or my configuration) has somehow broken the tcl
> autoloader.  tclPkgUnknown is
> the package that implements unknown(), the function that is called to
> attempt autoloading.  I think tcl should have called "unknown none" rather
> than the package.

  DejaGnu in lib/framework.exp implements an unknown{} proc, to trap Tcl
procedures that don't exist. I'd guess I'd either have to modify this
proc to do the autoloading, or remove it altogether. It's left from all
the ancient versions of Tcl from 10 years ago when DejaGnu was a new
program, long before autoloading existed.

        - rob -