Re: [DejaGnu] Help please! expect is not recognising strings in long tex

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] Help please! expect is not recognising strings in long text outputs
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 23:08:34 -0600

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 02:21:06PM +0930, Kim Lau wrote:

> them. This is working well except when the installer spools out
> a 23801 char text that contains the license agreement information.
> I have set the dejagnu test to expect certain strings from

  One workaround I've used before is to add a few more patterns to look for
within the body of the license text. If expect mateches something while
the large text is being sent to the screen, it'll flush it's buffers, and
be happy. If you get a match on a pattern, just do a continue, to finsish
processing until you get the the final text you want.

        - rob -