Re: interpreting variants

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: interpreting variants
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:01:25 -0600

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 02:22:04PM -0400, Ben Elliston wrote:

> variants exposed to individual test drivers so that they can intepret
> the variant strings and act accordingly?  Suppose my test driver
> compiles programs with an ACME compiler that requires me to compile
> little endian object files using --endian=little.  What is the correct
> way of making the mapping from "-mel" to "--endian-little"?  I
> couldn't find anything in the documentation that covered this.

  The code dealing with variants is purely a GCC specific feature that
I don't know a whole lot about, as I didn't write it, (Doug Evans did)
and as a result there is zero docs I know of on this feature. Testing
variants is buried in the multilib support. If you just want to
change this to "--endian-little" you could do this in the base board file
for your target, or change $CFLAGS.

  I daydream of rewriting the mulitlib test code by moving out of DejaGnu
proper, and into gcc/testsuite... and then cleaning it up so it's more
clear how to use it.

        - rob -