Re: unit testing integration problems

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: unit testing integration problems
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:24:08 -0600

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 09:59:05AM -0700, Joseph Ekstrom wrote:
> I am using the C-API stuff to do unit testing on a project.  The API's are a
> no brainer, and work great, however, when I run test executables using the

  The Unit testing support is pretty new, and definetly still in develoment,
It should (used to, anyway) work with host_execute. I'll be honest though, I
haven't tested it recently. Was this with CVS, or the 1.4.2 release ?

> people write their own functions to parse the output, and pass/fail test
> cases manually.

  I'm mostly running the test cases by hand, as I'm in more of a development
mode with the projects I'm working on, than in a verification mode.

> PS I modified the dejagnu.h so that the pass, fail, etc. funtions behave like
> a normal printf, accepting multiple arguments, if anyone else is interested.

  Sure, I'd love to see the patch.

        - rob -