Problem with Makefile.am and gdb distributions

From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain
Subject: Problem with Makefile.am and gdb distributions
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:08:54 -0600

Hello,

I'm a gdb guy and I'm having problems with Makefile.am in dejagnu.

The gdb project makes combined gdb+dejagnu tarballs.  We have a problem
where the resulting tarball has leftover 'config.status' files in it,
which cause 'configure' to abort with the message that the source package
has already been configured.

Specifically, dejagnu/configure.in configures the subdirectory
dejagnu/example/calc, but dejagnu/Makefile.am never runs 'distclean'
in this directory.

I'd like to change the dejagnu automake machinery a little bit so that
just dejagnu works in this combined gdb+dejagnu setting.  Would you
be receptive to a Makefile.am patch for this?

I have a copyright assignment for dejagnu on file with the FSF.

Michael C