Re: Help with remote PowerPC test

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Help with remote PowerPC test
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:56:16 -0600

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 10:29:35AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> using DejaGNU.  I am having a lot of difficulty understanding the steps in
> configuring DejaGNU to test a remote target.  In the documentation there
> is reference to a walkthrough being made for WinNT to PPC testing, was

  If you are on Win2k, all bets are off for cross testing. While this
"should" work, I've never tried it. The difficulty is the part where DejaGnu
has to load the compiled executable onto a target. If you stick with the
powerpc-simulator, that should work.

> this ever done?  Is there any other sort of guide or tutorial around for
> remote testing?

  In the 1.4.3 release (I'm not sure what's in cygwin), there is a new
tutorial, and some new examples. By it's nature, cross testing is complicated.

        - rob -