Re: Master sources?

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: Master sources?
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 18:00:53 -0700

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
Which cvs repository is authoritative for gcc / glibc / dejagnu?
And which cvs repository should I pull them from if I want to test them together?
I would have thought the answers to those two questions would be the same,
but perhaps they aren't?

Glibc is 100% separate.  It can't be built in a combined tree like
everything else.

I find that dejagnu 1.4.3 works well enough for my purposes, so that's
what I usually use, and report any problems to Rob.

OK, thanks.  I'll use 1.4.3 and apply patches ad hoc as recommended
by this list prn.

Is there any advantage to using a combined tree?  I've been
unpacking gcc and binutils into separate trees, and haven't
really had any trouble.
- Dan