Re: running tests on multiple targets

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: running tests on multiple targets
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:17:53 -0700

Ryan Smiderle wrote:
I have an odd dejagnu setup, where I run through multiple targets, but
the target_triplet is never changed.  Part of my site.exp file looks like
this:

-----------------
set host_alias i686-pc-linux-gnu
set host_triplet i686-pc-linux-gnu
set target_alias i686-pc-linux-gnu
set target_triplet i686-pc-linux-gnu
set build_triplet i686-pc-linux-gnu

set target_list {x86 ppcbe armle mipsle x86smp x86-selfhosted}
set tool gdb
-------------------

And in the baseboards directory, I have x86.exp, ppcbe.exp config files that
set the board-specific variables.
This works alright, except that it can't catch any XFAILs setup in the GDB
testsuite, since my target_triplet is always set to i686-pc-linux-gnu.
I tried setting target_triplet and target_alias in the baseboard files, but
that causes the tests to stop running after finishing the first board.
Is there any setting I can change to get target_triplet to change as the
tests go through each board?  I'd like to avoid having to rebuild site.exp for
each board I test.

Hmm.  http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/global.html sets target_list
based on the value of target_triplet.

Perhaps you should use a shell script to loop through various values
of target, rather than having dejagnu do the loop?
- Dan