Re: Using telnet for remote testing

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: Using telnet for remote testing
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:35:10 -0700

Cool, thanks!

I had thought ssh was too fancy for my targets, too, but
then Moore's Law took care of that :-)
- Dan

Ryan Smiderle wrote:
Yeah, I was googling your tutorial earlier :)
ssh is too fancy for my targets, I'm afraid. I have implemented a nasty-looking remote-telnet procedure, but I'll clean it up and have
it make use of the procs in telnet.exp
I'll send you what I did when it's set up nicely.

-Ryan

Ryan Smiderle wrote:

I'm trying to do remote testing with the gcc testsuite by having it use
FTP to send the binary to the target, and using telnet to execute it.
The FTP part works fine, but DejaGNU never finds telnet_exec, it
ends up defaulting to RSH.

Is the telnet_exec procuedure hidden away somewhere, or should I make
my own?

I'm at the same point as you.  I suspect that the Right Thing To Do
is to use ssh/scp.  If you really want to use telnet, you'll have
to implement telnet_exec yourself.  Do let me know what you end up
doing; I'd like to update my "how to remote test gcc" document
(currently spewed across the two files
 http://kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.10/simple/simple.html
and
 http://kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.10/README )