Re: PATCH: use a slave interpreter

From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain
Subject: Re: PATCH: use a slave interpreter
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:15:56 -0500 (EST)

> Testing is not a fast process if you want it to be accurate.

Well, I don't want to get into that discussion right now.

> We don't have any access to the sourceware version. None of us actively
> maintaining DejaGnu work for Cygnus/Redhat anymore...

Right, it's not your task to get all the binutils and gdb people to
migrate from the sourceware version of tcL+expect+dejagnu to the
released version of tcl+expect+dejagnu.  If anything, it's my task.

> Ideally Redhat should just adopt working out of the main CVS repository
> on subversions.

It's even better than that.  Ever since dejagnu 1.4.3 was released,
I've been running the stock release of dejagnu from ftp.gnu.org,
just like I use gcc 3.3.2 and binutils 2.14 to build gdb.

Michael C