Re: Fix libstdc++ testing using upstream dejagnu

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Fix libstdc++ testing using upstream dejagnu
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:28:59 -0600

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 06:20:37PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> This patch fixes an issue I found last week when trying to test libstdc++.
> -isystem on many targets implies an implicit extern "C" { }, which doesn't
> work at all for the C++ headers.  The version of DejaGNU in
> sources.redhat.com has been using -I for as far back as CVS history goes.

  I'll have to dig through old email, but I believe that change to -isystem
was a patch somebody submitted for cross-testing. I'll take your word
for it that there is a current problem, but I need to track down that
patch from about a year ago. -I was the original behaviour for most of
DejaGnu's history.  To be honest, shouldn't this behaviour in G++ be fixed ?
Shouldn't it work the same for all targets ?

        - rob -