Re: Query related usage of scan-assembler

From: Ben Elliston
Subject: Re: Query related usage of scan-assembler
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:08:35 +1000

Hi Nitin

        I would like to detect following line in generated assembly code using
"scan-assembler" macro.
        ".section  .tinyrodata.testVar,"a",@progbits"
I have tried with following /* { dg-final { scan-assembler ".section\\t\\t.tinyrodata.testVar,\"\\a\"\,@progbits"} } */
        but it doesn't work.

        Can anybody suggest me how to do so?

You're on the right track. I would suggest trying a simpler regular expression and then expanding that regular expression until you get it matching what you want. For example, try scan-assembler "tinyrodata" for a sanity check and then proceed from there.

Cheers, Ben