Re: [patch] Add find_gnat to libgloss.exp

From: James A. Morrison
Subject: Re: [patch] Add find_gnat to libgloss.exp
Date: 28 Nov 2004 10:25:57 -0500

Rob Savoye <address@hidden> writes:

> James Morrison wrote:
>
> >  This patch adds a find_gnat function to libgloss to easily find gnatmake on
> >a given system.
> >
>   There is already a find_gnatmake function in libgloss.exp, but I
> think your version is more "featureful". The other version sets more
> options to gcc though, so it might be best to merge these versions
> together. I believe the other version works better for cross-compiling
> for an embedded GNAT application.
>
>     - rob -

 The version in CVS probably does work better for cross-compilation.
Unfortunatly, my original find_gnat and the find_gnatmake in CVS don't quiet
work for native runs.  The main problem with find_gnatmake in cvs is that
-B... is not passed to -largs as well so crtbegin.o may not be found.  I
solved this by using find_gcc which finds both xgcc and sets -B.

 The other difference is that previously find_gnatmake set -I.../ada/rts, this
isn't enough to link applications so I have taken out any rts handling and put
it into ada.exp which I am  using.  I think this is a good thing since libada
may move away from gcc/ada/rts at some point in the future.

 I've tested this with slightly modified versions of ada.exp and ada-dg.exp
that I posted for gcc PR18692 and the 100 tests I have accumulated.  These
tests contain a mix of run time tests and compilation tests.  I have not tried
a cross-compilation environment yet.  I'm going to do that shortly.

--
Thanks,
Jim

http://www.student.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~ja2morri/
http://phython.blogspot.com
http://open.nit.ca/wiki/?page=jim

2004-11-28  James A. Morrison  <address@hidden>

        * lib/libgloss.exp (find_gnatmake): Use find_gcc and don't set the
        Ada RTS directory.