double gdbserver invocation

From: peter garrone
Subject: double gdbserver invocation
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:24:53 +0800

Hi,
 I am trying to run the gdb testsuite, using a remote gdbserver. The gdb
scripts generally invoke gdb_load then runto_main, which invokes gdb_load again
for each test (e.g. gdb.asm/asm-source.exp). Each invocation of gdb_load
downloads the executable file and launches gdbserver. The second launch somehow
clobbers the first, but only after the spawn method command for the second
invocation. While the remote gdbserver is running, there is no telnet prompt,
and remote shell commands are queued for later execution.

But I wish to use telnet commands for feedback about the ftp download, because
ftp was silently failing if a file existed with the same name. Having the prior
gdbserver session still running prevents "rm -f" and "ls" being run remotely.
Also it seems inefficient to download a binary and start gdbserver twice.

So how can I end this prior gdbserver session? I cannot kill it from telnet
when I try it manually. Any thoughts appreciated.

 Peter Garrone