Re: unit tests

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: unit tests
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:09:12 +0100

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 10:25:26PM -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
>   Look at the unit.cc test case. This uses a simple header file to
> print FAIL or PASS states from the unit test. Then you use the functions
> in dejagnu.exp to execute this test case and parse the output. Look at
> testsuite/tunit.exp, it does this.

Hmm, I don't seem to have this working.

I've downloaded dejagnu 1.4.4 and issues "./configure --host arm-linux".
Configure printed a warning:

configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.

Then, I issued the following command:

DEJAGNU=~/dejagnu/site.exp make check TESTFLAGS="--target_board=arm"

It did something and reported # of expected passes of 58 (it's 63 during
a native run).

Now I've got some questions:

* How do I runtest -v -v -v with the settings above? There are five .log
  files, and no one mentions tunit.

* strace -f -e trace=fork,execve -s 100000 doesn't show
  --target_board=arm passed as argument to /usr/bin/runtest; is it passed
  through environment?

My ~/dejagnu/site.exp:

lappend boards_dir "/home/ibr/dejagnu"

My ~/dejagnu/arm.exp: