Re: Add program_transform_name to runtest.exp

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Add program_transform_name to runtest.exp
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 11:41:11 -0600

Josh Conner wrote:

Adding support for the program_transform_name (sed-style expression to convert the names of executables under test) would simplify the testing of gcc cross-compilers, since the runtest.exp procedure "transform" is unable to find binaries created with a transformed name.

I'd hate to make a major change like this without asking the GCC team what they think, as it'll impact anyway doing cross testing. Maybe the transform proc should work correctly. It works the way it is for most people, so I'm curious whay this hasn't been noticed before. Are you installng your cross tools with a non-standard name ?

        - rob -