nomenclature

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: nomenclature
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:57:18 +0200

Hello,

I'm using two machines. A is i386-linux, and B is arm-linux. I'm
developing an application for B using A. That is:

For my compiler, arm-linux-gcc:

build:  i386-linux
host:   i386-linux
target: arm-linux

For my app's configure:

build:  i386-linux
host:   arm-linux
target: N/A

How are host and target defined for dejagnu?

I'm asking because I wrote a couple of testcases assuming that arm-linux
is host. I used host_execute in my .exp files. The testcases run fine on
A, but they don't get to B when I runtest --host_board=B. Should I use
remote_exec in the .exp files and runtest --target_board=B?

I've skimmed through
http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/doc/dejagnu-remote-howto.html,
http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/dejagnu/dejagnu_20.html,
/usr/share/dejagnu/dejagnu.exp, and /usr/share/dejagnu/remote.exp, but
I'm still confused and would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
Baurzhan.