Re: nomenclature

From: ibr
Subject: Re: nomenclature
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:28:41 +0200

Hello Daniel,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 09:41:19AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> In general the output of the program isn't what you want to test for
> results; you want something like return code, or output matching a more
> specific pattern, et cetera.

Ok.

> > 2. I couldn't find a way to get the hostname that I set via
> >    set_board_info in my B.exp file. How can I do that?
>
> [board_info target hostname]?

Looks like what I need, but I couldn't get the following to work:

testsuite/subdir/test6.exp:
  load_lib "dejagnu.exp"
  cd $outdir/$subdir
  set a [board_info target hostname]
  verbose $a
  cd ..

Command line:
  DEJAGNU=~/dejagnu/site.exp runtest -v --remote_board=j --objdir . --outdir
testsuite --srcdir testsuite subdir/test6.exp

~/dejagnu/site.exp:
  lappend boards_dir "/home/ibr/dejagnu"

~/dejagnu/j.exp:
  load_generic_config "unix";