disabling examples

From: Ben Elliston
Subject: disabling examples
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:37:51 +1100

I've been giving some thought to this over the past week or so and
have come to the conclusion that building the DejaGnu examples seems a
bit excessive, since the most common case is a user wishing to just
install the test framework to run someone else's tests.

Compared to the time it takes to configure and install DejaGnu without
them, it adds quite a bit of time for the user.  I'd like to suggest
that these are only included if the user passes --enable-examples to
configure -- and that this be well documented.

Any thoughts?

Ben