Re: PATCH: flatten Makefile tree

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: PATCH: flatten Makefile tree
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:27:49 -0700

Ben Elliston wrote:

This patch substantially flattens the tree of Makefile.am's we have.
All of the testsuite Makefile.ams have now been collected in the
top-level Makefile.am.

Well, considering the lower level Makefiles don't really do much, this isn't much of a change anyway.

into the appropriate example directory and run `make' and/or `make
check'.

Well, the main reason they were built by default was to make sure they stayed maintained. But I'll agree with you that most people just want to install DejaGnu to run the an existing testsuite, and those that don't should have no problem cd'ing into the directory and typing make. I wouldn't mind having a top level Makefile target of "build-examples" though.

If there are no objections, I'll check this in tomorrow.

  Go for it.

        - rob -