Re: my setup

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: my setup
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 19:36:38 +0200

Hello Rui,

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 04:47:20PM +0200, Rui Machado wrote:
> I've managed to setup something around Makefiles, like putting a Makefile in
> every testcase directory. But this makes me to always add the new directory
> to the configure.in file, changing the Makefile.am, etc. well, a lot of work
> that I would like to avoid. I would like something more DejaGnu :) , like
> just add the directory, the C program, the test script and that's it.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want. Here is how I do it:

prj
prj/Makefile.am
prj/configure.ac
prj/testsuite
prj/testsuite/a
prj/testsuite/a/a.exp
prj/testsuite/a/a1.c
prj/testsuite/a/a2.c
prj/testsuite/b
prj/testsuite/b/b.exp
prj/testsuite/b/b1.c
prj/testsuite/b/b2.c

In Makefile.am:

check_PROGRAMS = prj/testsuite/a/a1 prj/testsuite/a/a2 prj/testsuite/b/b1
prj/testsuite/b/b2

In prj/testsuite/a/a.exp:

my_spawn a1 a1a a1b a1c
my_spawn a2 a2a a2b a2c

This would save you adding a new directory and its Makefile into
configure.ac and creating Makefile.am in it.

Is this what you want?

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.