Re: my setup

From: Rui Machado
Subject: Re: my setup
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:13:22 +0200

Hi,

I've been looking to newlib's and gcc's examples but I'm not getting it.
They always talk about a .x file (driver) and I don't know what is this. Anyone can help?

@Baurzhan: You told me that I can make a my_spawn procedure to do what I want like compile and execute the testcases. Do you have something similar? How do you do it? It's not the final way but can be another step in understanding all this..

Thanks in advance.

--rui--

2006/5/8, Baurzhan Ismagulov <address@hidden>:
Hello Rui,

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 10:24:37AM +0200, Rui Machado wrote:
> >In Makefile.am:
> >
> >check_PROGRAMS = prj/testsuite/a/a1 prj/testsuite/a/a2 prj/testsuite/b/b1
> >prj/testsuite/b/b2
>
> I'm no expert with autotools. So this makes sure that those programs are
> compiled (a1,a2,b1,b2) correct?

Yes.

> This is better than what I have, but I still have to add them here, run
> configure and make right?

Yes. Although if the directory is already configured, autotools would
re-run whatever necessary automatically.

> I wanted something even more... "smart" :) You just add the test directory
> (like a c in your example) and it automatically gets "detected" by Dejagnu,
> is compiled and run.
> Another thing I would like is to have the testcases compiled when you do
> make check and with the possibility of using different compiler for the
> testcases.

Dejagnu detects subdirectories and runs *.exp in them. You can write
my_spawn so that it finds the test cases, compiles, and executes them; I
am not aware of any procedure that already does that, although I suspect
looking at gcc's or gdb's test suite could help. If you find a way,
please share it, I need it, too :) .

> What is my_spawn? just a procedure of yours using spawn correct?

Yes.

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.