Intro to dejagnu: Help!

From: Paulo J. Matos
Subject: Intro to dejagnu: Help!
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 14:35:33 +0100

Hi all,

I'm searching for a way to test a software I'm developing for some
time ago. Since I'm using autotools, seems dejagnu seems the way to
go. But I don't know expect and don't have the slightest idea what do
to. I've briefly read through the manual but it doesn't really 'teach
you'. I don't want to know expect besides scripts to work with
dejagnu. I would like someone to tell me where to start or a quick
tutorial in it. From what I understand it seems it is easy to test my
program.
My program is called with some command line arguments and then it
output 3 values "yes", "no", "unknown". In fact, this could be done
with a bash script but using dejagnu seems more integrated. Given the
command line argument (a file), I know the correct output. I just want
to check if the program is giving the correct output.

Another more technical issue is that my program may or may not use
GMP, this is set from within configure by using the --enable-gmp. This
changes the program output, what might be before "unknown", can be now
"yes" or "no". So I need different testsuites for the program compiled
with or without --enable-gmp. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm