Regarding REAL_EXIT

From: Mohamed Shafi
Subject: Regarding REAL_EXIT
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 02:26:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

I am using DejaGNU framework for testing a GCC port of one particular target.

While testing it gave me the following kind of error

output is testglue.o:(.text+0x20e): undefined reference to `___real__exit'
/usr/lib/gcc/mytarget-elf/3.4.6/../../../../mytarget-elf/bin/ld: final link
failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

After some searching i came to know that this is done because i have requested
for a wrapper in the target configuration file of DejaGNU.

When i modified the file testglue.c in DejaGNU root directory
from

#ifndef VXWORKS
#define REAL__EXIT __real__exit
#endif

#ifndef VXWORKS
#define REAL__EXIT __exit
#endif

the test were running fine... i.e test were getting executed after my simulator
gets invovked.

I know this in not the right way to do it, but can anybody tell me why i am
getting an error and how to overcome it in the proper way?

I am using gcc 3.4.6 version of the compiler

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shafi