Re: Why not add tests order control to Dejagnu, I find a way.

From: wenbo.yang
Subject: Re: Why not add tests order control to Dejagnu, I find a way.
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:31:15 +0800

But even if you call files and directories by sequential numbers, you can not
test it crossingly( I do not know if this word is proper.)
I mean, take a case for example. You have a directory tree like that:

01_xx/01_yy/01.exp
01_xx/02_zz/02.exp
02_aa/01_bb/03.exp
02_aa/02_cc/04.exp

You now have a sequence: 01.exp,02.exp,03.exp,04.exp. But mybe at one point you
have follow another order  03.exp,01.exp,04.exp,02.exp. You must change the
whole directory tree, at most times, it is not really you want.

So if you have a file specified the priority with no dependence on directory,
you can do what you wish just by changing some entries. It is why I said this
feature is valueable for some people like you and me. A lot of no sense working
should be avoided.

Wenbo Yang

SimpLight Nanoelectronics, LTD.
Email: address@hidden