Re: Integration of the TAT tool into dejagnu proposal

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Integration of the TAT tool into dejagnu proposal
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 02:42:12 -0000

Franco Carbognani wrote:

> The version of dejagnu we put together and that we are keep testing
> seems very well fitting our needs and should potentially feet the
> needs of all the project currently using TAT.
> I want to remark we simply made an interface extension, existing
> dejagnu features are kept unchanged.
  Interesting... I do like adding sets of tests to run, a features that
has been on the TODO list for a long time.
> I kindly ask to have your feedback on the extensions we have made to
> dejagnu and your opinion on if and how we could proceed to bring what
> we have done on the dejagnu official release
  Is it possible to get a snapshot of your changes ? The code you added
is hopefully GPL'd, as DejaGnu is, so it can be added ? If your changes
don't effect the existing GCC/GDB/Binutils/Samba testsuites, and the
licensing is ok, then we could do an new DejaGnu release once this is
stably integrated.

    - rob -