Re: How to scan more than one warning in a single line

From: Ben Elliston
Subject: Re: How to scan more than one warning in a single line
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:15:42 +1000

Hi Shafi

> For a particular test case warning is generated in a single line
> itself. Say for example
>
> signed char = 5000000000l;

> For the above line two warnings will be generated.
> But in the test case the directive dg-warning is picking up only one
> warning. Due to this i am getting test for excess errors, which i
> think is due to the extra warning.

> How will i be able to tell the framework to expect the both warnings
> from a single line?

If I recall correctly, you can tell dg-warning to expect the warning
on a particular source line -- it need not be the current line.  You
just nominate the line number as one of the parameters to dg-warning.
I'll leave it up to you to work out the precise details.. :-)

signed char = 5000000000l;      /* { dg-warning ... } */        /* assuming
line 12 */
                                /* { dg-warning ... 12 } */

Cheers, Ben