remote_open with SSH

From: takhanda
Subject: remote_open with SSH
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 20:02:55 -0500

Hi,

I am running the latest dejagnu that is available on Ubuntu 8.10 . I have some tests that were written using remote_open, remote_expect and remote_send originally intended to used with the target running a telnet server. Now, I am trying to run the same suite of tests using SSH public key authentication. I have made the necessary changes in the board configuration file to use SSH, but I have come across a problem: remote_open still asks me for a password.

I am fairly certain that I've configured the SSH public key authentication correctly in terms of generating keys, migrating the public key file, and then setting the permissions on authorized_keys, id_rsa, and .ssh . I can connect to the target with just "ssh -l user my-target". Furthermore, I can use any of remote_load, remote_exec, and remote_spawn without being asked to put in a password. Looking at the "runtest ... -v -v -v" output, it is clear that a password is being asked for, and since there is no match in rsh_open (rsh.exp), the test times out successively.

The relevant log output with "-v -v -v" looks like:
spawn /usr/bin/ssh -l user my-target

address@hidden's password: warning "/usr/bin/ssh: timed out trying to connect."
warning "/usr/bin/ssh: timed out trying to connect."
warning "/usr/bin/ssh: timed out trying to connect."

Below, you will find the board configuration, and test script. I am calling runtest like so runtest --target_board=my-target_ssh foo.exp

# my-target_ssh.exp
load_generic_config "unix"
process_multilib_options ""
set_board_info compiler  "[find_gcc]"