Can dejagnu follow a fork call?

From: Don BREAZEAL
Subject: Can dejagnu follow a fork call?
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:47:46 -0700

Hi
I am new to dejagnu. I've installed 1.4.4 on a Linux system (suse10, x86_64) and it appears to be working for the calc example.

I want to use dejagnu for testing of an interactive command line program. This program is invoked using a driver (implemented in C), which does some command line processing, and eventually invokes Java.

When I implemented a test for this program, the only output that seems to come from it is the copyright header. This header is printed by the driver, before invoking Java.

I can run the equivalent expect statements with the expect command interpreter (5.43.0) and it all works fine, so I don't think there's a problem with my expect code.

My conclusion is that there is something about dejagnu that causes it to lose the I/O connection to the forked child process (the Java part). I think my 'send' and 'expect' commands are just talking to the driver, not the Java command line program that I want to test.

Is that a correct conclusion?

Is there any way to configure dejagnu to work with a process and its children?

thanks
--Don