Re: [RFA] gdb-comm.exp: set breakpoints after load

From: Jie Zhang
Subject: Re: [RFA] gdb-comm.exp: set breakpoints after load
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:35:01 +0800

On 01/21/2010 06:32 AM, Ben Elliston wrote:
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 04:05:26PM +0800, Jie Zhang wrote:

gdb-comm.exp sets breakpoints on exit and abort before load. The
problem is that GDB tries to skip prologue according to what it
reads from memory, which might contain random data since the
executable has not been loaded into memory. In my case, sometimes
skip_prologue might skip one or two more instructions, which happens
to be an exception instruction and will trap the processor into an
exception event loop after running the executable before hit the
breakpoints. The attached patch changes gdb-comm.exp to set
breakpoints after load.

OK, thanks.

Just for the record. I told Ben privately that I had no write permission for dejagnu git tree. So Ben has kindly committed this patch for me.

Jie