RE: Probelm in creating a new testsuite

From: Gupta, Usha
Subject: RE: Probelm in creating a new testsuite
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 16:21:30 +0800

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the quick reply.

> > Is it possible to keep my testsuite separately and still use gcc as
> > a tool?
>
> That is also possible, but you'll have to do a lot more work.

Could you give me some pointers on this? Is there any document explaining this
case?

I will try to reuse the GCC testsuite infrastructure.

I don't understand why this doesn't execute gcc to compile the source files
And why even puts doesn't show any message while simple.exp executes.

foreach test [lsort [glob -nocomplain ./*.c]] {
            if {[catch {exec gcc -c $test} errmsg ]} {
                        puts "FAIL: $errmsg"
                } else {
                        puts "PASS: Compilation passed for $test"
               }
}

Any pointers would be helpful.

Regards