Re: SIM env. variable question in baseboards

From: Steve Ellcey
Subject: Re: SIM env. variable question in baseboards
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:09:13 -0700

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 03:14 +0200, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

> Using environment variables would IMO be better, else you'll
> still have to modify something in the GCC setup to use the
> generic baseboard, right?
>
> (And if you do that, IMHO it's less intrusive to have a
> directory outside that setup with a specific baseboard file and
> at home a ~/.dejagnurc with the directory, e.g.  "set boards_dir
> ~/dejagnuboards" which would DTRT .)
>
> brgds, H-Po

So, as a strawman proposal, perhaps we should have a baseboard that
checks the env. variables:

        DEJAGNU_SIM
        DEJAGNU_SIM_LDFLAGS
        DEJAGNU_SIM_CFLAGS

I wonder if we should also allow something like:

        DEJAGNU_SIM_BOARD_INFO

and allow settings like:

        "noargs 1/gcc,stack_size 5000"

which would generate:

        set_board_info noargs 1
        set_board_info gcc,stack_size  5000

I don't know of '/' is the best separator to use.

Steve Ellcey
address@hidden