Re: patch to allow file name argument to --xml

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: patch to allow file name argument to --xml
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:11:31 -0600

On 06/11/12 11:43, Tom Tromey wrote:

> I would have, but --xml already isn't documented, and I don't feel that
> I know enough about exactly what it does to document it very well.

  I added the XML output option solely to make it possible to suck all
the testing results into an SQL database. I forget who asked for such a
thing many years ago, but that's what it's for. An XML input file is
easier to parse than the huge output file DejaGnu produces. That said,
this patch is probably a good idea.

        - rob -